Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm back from the Woods

Apologies for being away from my blog a while. 

Truth is we were out of the city and without internet access.  It is very nice where we were.   At least the humans like it there, they like to walk the trails in the forest and make ‘ooh’ and ‘aah’ sounds at the pretty colours of the trees. 

They ask me to come but I am rather nervous when I am outdoors. I don’t mind walking up the lane but when it comes to the forest I know that there are lots of different animals there, some pretty scary to a small dog like me, and I can smell their smells.  I guess the humans’ noses are not as good as mine!  Like Diana was outside the door planting some pots and a bear walked almost up to her and she didn’t realize until something made her look up and see him coming down the trail.  Of course, when he knew she had seen him he turned around and walked back but I would have smelled him from a long way off.  Diana was actually pleased to see him and wished she had had her camera!  People do take some getting used to, especially Diana the way she’s nuts about all animals and sticks up for them whenever possible.   And, of course, I am glad she does when you consider how I was rescued. 

She has just joined a group of Vegans who are protesting conditions of farmed animals.  She would like to take me along to their protests just to show how rescued animals turn out, but she knows how sensitive I am to the pain of others. Some time ago I got Transgeminal Neuritis due to stress. It was awful and Diana wants to protect me from ever having a recurrence. People say I’m 'empathetic' because, with my superior senses of hearing and smell, I pick up vibrations and frequencies from all animals, including people.  
Like I can tell if Diana is upset and I stay really close by her side, or if she's mad and talking loudly I keep myself out of the way.  I can tell if Diana and Chris are going out and I shall be in charge of the house and I can tell that this is different from when we are all going out together and then I get excited, and stay close to the door.  

These good Vegan people are empathetic also, and I'm sure they suffer stress, but somehow they are able to get out there and witness the cruelty, organize protests, and inform the public with videos and leaflets.      I am so glad that they are doing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home